Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Isabella resisting

Well, it turns out that Isabella is not half as easy as I thought. I must have undone the right front twice and the left one just as many times. First I forgot some bindoffs. Then I had added some knit-togethers in order to make the front opening, which I felt went too high and straight, swoop away from the center a little. I finally got that done, sewed the shoulders together only to find upon trying it on, that, although I followed the measurements in the instructions to a T, it just did not look all that good on the stranded whale in the mirror. As a matter of fact, the top was way too short, and my belly button was quite scared being so exposed.

Since I did not want to undo the whole thing, I did the next best. I reached for a pair of scissors and cut off the hem I had been so proud of not so long ago:

So now I am knitting in the other direction, trying to make it longer. I chose the rose-leaf pattern from "A Gathering of Lace" to adorn the bottom of the top. I think it is going look really good - even on a whale.

1 comment:

Prof. Knitwit said...

Wow! I love the new hem - it is absolutely gorgeous. I can't wait to see it when it's done.

Academics Knit Ring:

Academics Knit
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf