Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Knitting Revival

So I haven't knitted in forever and then, last November, I wanted to knit a poncho after the one I had bought was too short for comfort. I bought some cheap yarn at Walmart and started out creating that thing just from an idea I had in my head.

I cast on 120 stitches and knitted cables up what I expected to be the right back half. At the height I wanted, I bound off and tookup the margin stitches to go at a 90° angle to knit the left half of the back in basket weave technique. After that was done, I changed directions again made a sampler going down the left front. I surfed the web up and down to find different patterns I could knit.

Finally, I made the right front as a separate piece, knitting it from the side again, using an Afghan Stitch. I finished the piece off by knitting a collar in fun fur and edging it with one row single crochet...

I took many breaks and did not work non-stop, but in early February I was done!

And here it is:



No comments:

Academics Knit Ring:


Academics Knit
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf